This is essentially a quick guide for all those new (or perhaps not so new) to whisky who want quick answers to some of the most obvious questions. We’ve collated some frequently asked questions and, if you click on the links, you’ll be taken to articles which answer them for you. We’ve even thrown in a few esoteric questions too…
As we progress, we’ll add more to it. In the meantime, we hope you find this a useful guide!
- What is whisky?
- How on earth do I drink it?
- How do I nose it?
- How does Cask Tales rate whiskies?
- I’ve heard that blended whisky is rubbish and not worth buying. Is this true?
- Should I add water to my whisky?
- How do I drink whisky without going broke?
- Is it whisky or whiskey?
- How does bourbon differ from whisky?
- What are the different whisky ‘regions’?
- What are the (supposed) best whiskies in the world?
- Should you launch your whisky out of the glass?
- Can you tell us an interesting anecdote about whisky?
- What about another one?